HR Business Partners | Consultants wanted…….. come work with us
PeopleStart is an innovative HR consultancy, We are the outsourced HR and Recruitment team for a variety of businesses across Perth and Australia
We work largely within the mining, NFP and technology sectors
Our team works together, bouncing ideas and sharing our strengths and workload with each other to provide the best strategies, advice, support and service to our clients.
Since our initial inception we have grown to work with a variety of fantastic clients across Mining, Oil and Gas, Not-For-Profits, Agriculture, Manufacturing, Science and Technology and Engineering to name just a few.
We have exclusively recruited large mine project operations teams, helped technology start-up businesses secure CEO’s, executive or technical staff to get their company off the ground and thriving, and supported a variety of medium business in managing their day to day HR activities and issues, implementing retention plans, performance systems, managing cultural transformation projects, building leadership programs and a number of other strategic HR initiatives. Pretty diverse work!
Due to our continued growth we are looking for HR Consultants to work on an ongoing ad-hoc and contract basis with our Perth team.
The role will see you working across our diverse client list to:
- Provide clients with advice regarding relevant legislation such as the Fair Work Act, applicable modern awards, management of performance issues and terminations, and practical solutions for their business needs
- Providing advice on all HR Policies and procedures and statutory advice ensuring that the equalities commitments of PeopleStart are fully integrated into all advice given
- Keep up to date with employment legislation and flag any changes that will impact PeopleStart or their client base
- Providing advice and support on staff disciplinary, dismissal, grievance and appeal issues
- Coach managers through dealing with workplace issues, helping them to have difficult conversations
- Support the Directors in managing potential restructures, redundancies, staff transfers, contract amendments, as required
- Produce HR Management reports as and when required.
- Provide back-up Recruitment assistance to the Recruitment team during peak periods
- Benchmarking Salaries for various positions and organsisations
- Drafting and maintaining HR policies, procedures, handbooks and Position descriptions
- Contribute to the development and achievement of the wider organisational strategic plan.
- Create termination letters / documentation or other HR documentation such as probation letters
- Assist (or develop yourself) strategic HR plans such as providing engagement and retention plans, wellbeing programs, recognition and reward programs or Recruitment attraction strategies
- Working with the Directors to develop Indigenous Engagement Strategies or Reconciliation Action Plans
- Creation of employment contracts, tailoring clauses to suit client needs
To be considered you should have:
- A minimum 3+ years’ experience in HR generalist role
- Experience within a variety of sectors, in particular NFP will be highly regarded
- Held a senior or challenging position and have the confidence to answer client questions, research case studies for tricky termination or workplace grievances, review Awards and conditions and provide accurate advice support and input of the wider team
- Bachelor’s degree in HR or equivalent years’ experience within the field
- Strong understanding of the HR challenges facing medium businesses
- Strong influencing skills and the ability to manage conflicting priorities
- The ability to develop HR processes and procedures best suited to the business
- A have a positive, flexible, can-do attitude and willingness to dig in wherever needed
- Be a confident, self-starter able to use their initiative and work autonomously
- Strong communication skills and professional presentation
- The ability to grow and adapt to our business, and the ever changing needs of our clients
- An aptitude and love of learning in order to stay on top of market trends and best practices
We strive to be the best in the business and all employees and contractors should have a mindset of ‘exceptional’, with a true commitment to providing our clients with the absolute best advice and support in the market.
It is important the person we have is smart, capable, cares about the work they are doing (no matter how big a job or small) and believes in our values of Integrity, Honesty, People, Accountability and Community.
What we can offer you
- The best clients! We work with some truly inspiring organisations and you’ll be proud to play a part in what they do.
- True flexibility and work-life balance, choose your own hours / days as suits you
- An autonomous role supported by a great team culture
- Diversity of work with ever changing work to do and new projects
- The opportunity to learn and support a variety of strategic HR areas in a variety of businesses
- You’ll enjoy managing your own workload and inspiring our clients through your approach and knowledge
If you have any questions please email Rob Gallacher at firstname.lastname@example.org