PeopleStart is a HR Consultancy with extensive experience within the mining industry and a deep commitment and passion for working with indigenous groups.
We support organisations to meet their corporate and social responsibilities, to more effectively engage with the communities within which they operate, and to offer meaningful employment to its constituents. We are passionate about improving engagement between business and Indigenous people in Australia, both in corporates and not for profit organisations across the country.
We assist in a variet of ways including:
- Assist in the engagement of local indigenous community groups and NTO’s
- Act as company Community Liaison or source local ‘on the ground’ liaison and indigenous engagement support
- Development of Indigenous and Aboriginal Engagement plans specifics to remote communities
- Developing tailored attraction, retention and workforce development plans for indigenous and local groups
- Facilitating cultural awareness programs
- Developing and facilitating Aboriginal Training to Work Programs including pre-employment and literacy programs
- Development of Reconciliation Action Plans (RAP’s)
- Management of contractor and supplier procurement policies and indigenous engagement targets
- Development of community benefit plans and social impact statements for government or funding bodies
- Support Corporate social responsibility and ESG outcomes by guiding the development of best practice policies, Aboriginal engagement, activities and programs.
Wherever practicable, when conducting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander research and planning, we abide by the AIATSIS Guidelines for Ethical Research in Indigenous Studies, which begins from the premise: ”It is essential that Indigenous peoples are participants in any research project that concerns them, to achieve an understanding for the aims and methods of the research and to share in the results of this work.”
PeopleStart have worked with several mining organisations to develop bespoke aboriginal engagement plans for funding or operational requirements, to identify appropriate job opportunities from exploration or construction phases through to operations for local and indigenous groups (skilled and unskilled).
We have also developed and facilitated Aboriginal training to work programs, developed best practice mentoring and retention plans and have demonstrated a real passion and commitment to assisting organisations to build a culturally diverse and supportive workforce that supports their organisational and project objectives, often exceeding set Aboriginal engagement targets.
We also have numerous indigenous-owned and operated clients, particularly in the NFP sector and through our philanthropic efforts, seek to make our own positive impact in supporting positive outcomes for all Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Australians.